TechO2 is AWS Consulting Partner focusing on Cloud Services ranging from Cloud Computing, Big Data and Software Development. We help companies leverage the power of AWS to drive real business results.
TechO2 is looking for Data Engineers to join our team. The most critical portion of the role is ingesting, extracting, automating data acquisition, cleansing, and managing data (not just from databases, but any data sources) for our Big Data initiatives. It also includes support of existing, and development of new automated import methods.
The ability to own tasks, clearly communicate requirements, deconstruct existing implementations, completion and prioritize work in high-velocity projects is paramount. Awareness of ETL processing using AWS and/or willingness to pursue ETL implementation using AWS is mandatory.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment with tight deadlines and high expectations
- 4 or more years of experience with Databases (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server) and NoSQL databases (MongoDB, etc)
- Advanced knowledge and experience in SQL
- Experience with complex ETL operations
- Good understanding of database and data model concepts
- Strong working knowledge of Linux, Shell (Bourne Shell, awk, sed) scripting is required
- Experience with AWS, S3, Data Pipeline, Python is desired; if not experienced in these areas, undergoing expedited training is mandatory
- Experience in data manipulation using some programming languages is required
- Scripting language experience such as Python is preferred
- Able to identify relationships within databases and ability to reverse engineer data structures and data loads
- TechO2’s team is 100% certified in their technology disciplines. Existing certification is a plus for the candidate, and willingness to pursue new AWS certifications is mandatory