TechO2 is seeking an ETL (SSIS)/SQL Server Programmer developer, with experience in creating new data extracts packages or modifying, migrating, converting existing DTS packages using SQL Server/ SSIS. The developer will be responsible to scope, estimate, design, develop, test and document technical solutions required satisfying business information needs. The developer is expected to design, develop and enhance ETL code following existing standards. He is to follow principles of ETL design, source code control and unit testing and ensure data is transferred correctly and efficiently according to business rules. Development tasks will involve extracting data from a staging area, transferring of the data to the SQL Server data warehouse, performing all associated transformations, validations, cleansing and preparing data to load into the data warehouse. The ETL developer also needs to understand the importance of data integrity and data quality and will perform various data profiling and analysis tasks as well as metadata management. This individual will also be responsible for providing production support tasks.
Location: Hyderabad, India
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Interfacing with business clients to clarify business requirements for technical design.
- DTS Packages to SSIS packages conversion.
- Building SSIS packages involving ETL process, extracting data from various flat files, Excel files, legacy systems and loading into SQL server.
- SSIS Advanced component experience required (transformation objects in data flow).
- Plan, coordinate, develop and support ETL processes including architecting table structure, building ETL process, documentation, and long-term preparedness.
- Implementing ETL Packages using Data Transformation Services (DTS) and SSIS 2005/2008.
- Writing complex Stored Procedures, User Defined Functions (UDFs), Triggers, Common Table Expressions (CTEs), Table Variables and Views.
- Tuning T-SQL queries (DDL, DML and DCL) to improve the database performance and availability.
- Objects creation such as Tables and Views, Table Normalization, User Created Data Types, User Profiles, Data Dictionaries, Data Integrity, Performance Tuning, Indexes and appropriate Triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation and data consistency.
- Developing to those technical specifications candidates must display the ability to develop solutions which are able to be leveraged across multiple platforms.
- Documenting steps needed to migrate database objects between various. environments including Development, UAT, Staging, and Production.
- Ability to create new and modify existing reports and using Data Transformation Services (DTS).
- Remediation of issues found during testing candidates need to be problem solvers and troubleshoot existing code based on specifications provided.
- Providing Production support responsibilities for the existing DTS and SSIS Packages.
- Candidates must be able to operate in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines, and rapidly changing requirements.
- Candidates need to be critical thinkers who can connect the dots, and work innovatively and independently at a high level of productivity.
- Experience in using Data Transformation Services (DTS) converting DTS packages to SSIS 2008.
- Experience in building ETL, writing SQL, building tables, writing stored procedures.
- Experience with DTS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2005/2008.
- Experience in Database design and versed with SQL Server best practices.
- Experience in writing complex queries, Stored Procedures using T -SQL.
- Experience with multiple operating systems, including Microsoft Windows.
- Experience supporting a production database warehouse environment.
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written.
- Experience in data validation, data cleansing, and mining is a plus.
- Must understand the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and be able to follow the process.
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) knowledge preferred.
- Data warehouse experience is a plus.